Not only does it look great in photos, but it also creates a
festive atmosphere that your guests will love.
Confetti is typically thrown at weddings during the recessional, after the couple has been pronounced married and they walk back down the aisle together.
This is a celebratory moment and tossing confetti can add to the festive atmosphere. Some couples may also choose to have confetti thrown during other parts of the wedding, such as during the grand entrance or at the end of the reception when they depart.
Here are some creative and fun ways to throw confetti at your wedding:
1. Confetti Cannons: If you want to make a big statement, confetti cannons are the way to go. These come in a range of colours and sizes and can be used to create an impressive visual effect. Simply aim and shoot the cannon at the right time, and watch as the confetti shower down on the newlyweds.
2. DIY Confetti Cones: Want to add a personal touch to your confetti? Make your own confetti cones using patterned paper, cardstock or by biodegradable bamboo cones. Fill them with your desired confetti and place them at each guest's seat. This way, everyone can toss confetti at the newlyweds during their exit back up the aisle.
3. Basket of Confetti: Fill a large basket with confetti. During the signing of the register have your flower girls pass the basket around so guests can grab a handful ready to toss. It’s a more environmentally friendly solution, than having lots of cones.
4. Eco-Friendly Confetti: If you're looking for a even more sustainable option, consider using biodegradable confetti made from rice paper, flower petals or gum leaves. Not only are they environmentally friendly, but they also create a beautiful effect that your guests will love.
5. Balloon Popping: For a playful and interactive moment, fill balloons with confetti and have guests pop them during the recessional. It's a fun way to involve your guests in the celebration.
6. Confetti Bar: Set up a confetti bar where guests can mix and match different colours and types of confetti to create their own custom blend. It's a great way to encourage interaction and creativity among guests.
7. Bubble Confetti: Add a whimsical touch to your confetti by mixing bubbles with it from a hand held bubble machine. As the bubbles pop, the confetti will float down, creating a magical moment.
No matter which option you choose, throwing confetti is a great way to add some extra fun and excitement to your wedding day recessional. Just remember to check with your venue beforehand to ensure that confetti is allowed and that any clean-up requirements are taken care of. Don't forget to have fun and enjoy your special day!